Study Abroad Application Process
1. Create an account online or Login to access your account: https://suny-purchase-horizons.symplicity.com/index.php?s=StudentHome
2. Search Programs
3. Meet with Study Abroad Advisor or attend a Study Abroad 101 session to find out more about the study abroad options available to you. Fall walk-in (no appointment needed; first come, first serve) are
Coordinator of Education Abroad (Primary Study Abroad Advisor)
Monday 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Thursday 1:00PM – 3:30PM
Director, International Programs and Services (Primary Advisor for International Students)
Tuesday 2:00PM – 3:00PM
Friday 9:00AM – 11:00AM
Have class during these times? Create an account online
and schedule an appointment under the ‘Appointments’ tab. Please note, appointments should be made 24 hours in advance and need to be approved because occasional conflicts to available hours may arise. You can always email the office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact the office at 914-251-6032 to schedule an appointment.
Study Abroad 101
Every Wednesday, 1:00PM – 2:00PM, during the Academic Year
Location: Student Services Building, 2nd Floor, Conference Room 227
Come find out about:
- When to study abroad
- Where to go
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Next Steps
4. Meet with your Academic Advisor to determine which programs will provide you with transfer credit you can use toward your academic degree at Purchase College.
5. Apply online
6. When you have been accepted to your study abroad or exchange program be sure to complete all required enrollment forms online, and follow pre-departure instructions.
7. Once you are abroad, be sure to update your online study abroad account with your overseas contact information.